Call me crazy, but I signed up for the second round of ROW80, which starts April 2 and runs for 80 days. For those who don’t know, ROW80 stands for Round of Words in 80 days. Each person sets writing and other goals. We check in twice a week on those. Luckily, those goals can be modified, because I imagine I will finish some early and change my mind about some.
I’m going to be out of town twice during this challenge, at writing workshops, so I won’t be working on ROW80 during those times, but at least I will be WRITING! So here are my long term goals:
1. Finish drafting Heritage, a short story.
2. Blog at least once a week for my business, which is a brand new activity, and twice a week for my personal blog. Maybe I’ll figure out how to link them when it seems appropriate.
3. Spend at least three hours each week doing free-form writing that could turn into new pieces – I got on 750words.com yesterday, which is kind of an Artist’s Way place where one can just write and keep track of the stream of consiousness.
4. Finish reading Storycraft and Save the Cat
and take some notes on each.
5. Edit, edit, edit! Read through my novel and create a scene list. If I finish that, then start in on the next rewrite. Get the current version to my beta reader.
6. Get on Twitter for five minutes every day and re-tweet at least one post.
And here is a short term goal: Clean and organize my desk in the next two weeks.